Managed sources are the most common way to import data from your external systems into Faros. Interact with your sources through the Faros app.
- Add a source
- Authenticate to your external system with Connections
- Interact with, edit and manage your sources
Adding a Source
Connecting data sources that Faros already supports out-of-the-box is as easy as filling out a form. Simply select the
Catalog from the navigation panel on the left, choose the category of source you are looking to connect (
Source Control etc.), and you will see all the available sources that Faros supports in that category. Click on a source, fill out the information requested in the configuration pane that pops up, and you are ready to go! You can also use the search box to search for a particular source instead of browsing to it.
The configuration pane varies from source to source, but it typically asks for the following information:
- A name to identify the source
- An source connection such as API keys or access token Faros to connect to the source
In addition, every source also has an
Advanced Settings tab from where you can control several things, including:
- Additional source-specific knobs, e.g., whether to sync all or only specific resources for that source
- The schedule at which Faros should sync the source
- The specific code version of the Faros sync that you would like to use for this source. Information about updates in different versions can be found in our changelog
- The memory you would like to allocate to the Faros sync job. This is useful when the source you are syncing is large and requires more than the default resources that Faros allocates for the sync.
- The timeout for the Faros sync job. This is useful when the source you are syncing is large, and requires more than the default timeout that Faros allocates for the sync.
Once you configure the source, and click on
Updated 4 months ago