Employees can be linked to accounts from your various sources. This is an important step because it ties data from across your various systems together and connects it to an individual. Sources sync identities along with the other data they bring in to Faros. Before you complete this step make sure you already have sources connected.
Navigate to Organization -> Employees to understand which Employees have associated accounts already connected.
The easiest way to connect your Employees in Faros to their various user accounts is to let Faros infer these connections. To do this, simply add a new Employee Bootstrap Source. This will match accounts from your Ticket Management, Source Control and Incident Management systems to existing Faros employees.
To add the source:
- Navigate to Sources -> Catalog
- Find the Employee Bootstrap Source
- Add the new source (leave all toggles disabled unless you'd like to also create new Employees in Faros from the users of one of your systems).
Sometimes not all account connections can be inferred. It's possible to also connect a Faros Employee to their users through the UI.
- Navigate to Organization -> Employees
- Click on an Employee to view their employee details page
- Scroll down to the
- Add the user. Faros will suggest identities to connect at the bottom of this section.
If you are importing your organization data using a spreadsheet you can use this same sheet to connect each employee to their accounts. More info here.
Updated 4 months ago